It’s been a hot minute since my last more personal post on the blog. That said, it’s a fitting topic to close out the last few weeks of our first month into 2018! Alongside my more editorial posts, I’ll be creating a new more personal column this year. It’s will focus on real-life situations, and my tips on tackling them. To kick it off this first minute, I’ll start by sharing a few more fun facts you likely don’t know about me, and how they’ve shaped my life.
5 Facts About Me
1. I was told I’d never be successful in gymnastics as a kid because I was too tall. If I hadn’t been forced out, I’d never find out that I would go on to compete at a national level for Taekwondo.
2. I still have all my childhood diaries, and still keep one. It’s crazy to go back and watch my voice develop as a writer. Who else journaled as a kid/still does?
3. I was a pro at video games as a kid. Turns out those skills transfer well to flying planes, drones, etc. I studied ground school in high school, and plan to start working toward my private pilot’s license again soon.
4. I like being outside my comfort zone. I choose travel destinations based on unique outdoor (and indoor) activities. I’ll be doing more of this in 2018 to share with you for ideas in your upcoming travels!
5. I’ve drawn and painted most of my life. In another professional life, I’d totally be an architect. I instead transferred those skills to teaching myself Photoshop and Lightroom.
What do you want advice on?
Are you stuck in a rut when it comes to staying positive? Struggle with getting results when it comes to fitness? Don’t know where to start when it comes to investing? Sometimes the best way to combat these struggles is a fresh take on a certain situation through unbiased eyes. Send me your questions this week, and I’ll start compiling some posts with some fresh answers.
Top: Micha Lounge Cropped Hoodie, ASOS
Sunglasses: Aviator Classic Black Sunglasses, Rayban
Leggings: Align Pant II, Lululemon
Shoes: Wool Runners, Allbirds
Primer: Perfect Canvas Serum, c/o Ren Skincare
Foundation: Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, Fenty Beauty in 210
Highlighter: Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter, Fenty Beauty in Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal
Eyes: Eye-conic Multi-finish Eyeshadow Palette, Marc Jacobs in Frivoluxe
Photos by Rachel Radcliffe Photography